Beckett FuelArmor™ is a heating oil treatment that reduces the need for unscheduled heating service calls. FuelArmor™ works by stabilizing heating oil chemistry and preventing fuel oxidation, corrosion and sludge build-up. Better fuel performance means less heating service calls are necessary, and that makes your customers happy.
Beckett FuelArmor™ has a proven track record in a wide variety of applications including the oil heating industry, where oil dealers have experienced outstanding results in stabilizing fuel, dispersing sludge and reducing service costs.
|80001U||FuelArmor™ Annual Fuel Treatment – Twelve (12) – 8 oz. Containers|
|80002||FuelArmor™ Stabilizing Fuel Treatment – 5 Gallon Pail|
|80003||FuelArmor™ Stabilizing Fuel Treatment – 55 Gallon Drum|
Protect your customers fuel heating system in less than 1 minute per year. It’s never been easier!
|What YOU do:||What FuelArmor™ does:|
|The technician simply pours one 8oz. container of Beckett FuelArmor™ into the customers fuel tank.||FuelArmor™ treatment stabilizes the fuel during extended storage periods and restores dependable operation to the backup systems.|
|This is only necessary once a year. Beckett suggests that this be done during the annual service call.|
The May – July time frame is recommended.
|Reduces service calls.|
Extends fuel storage time.
Increases oil heating efficiency.
Keeps burner heating oil cleaner.
Keeps heating system components cleaner.
|FuelArmor™ will do the rest.||Treatment with FuelArmor™ keeps the oil stable and in “refinery-fresh” condition. Service calls are dramatically reduced.|
Technical and Usage Information
What is FuelArmor?
FuelArmor™ is a heating oil treatment that reduces unscheduled service calls and increases customer satisfaction with oil heat.
What is in it?
It contains stabilizers, organic dispersants, corrosion inhibitor, antioxidant and biocide. It is a complete fuel protection package.
How does it work?
The stabilizers and organic dispersants effectively stabilize the chemistry of the fuel and the organic dispersants disperse macroscopic sludge and retards further development in a controlled manner. The corrosion inhibitor protects the internal portion of the tank from rust. The biocide prevents bacteria and fungus from establishing growth. The anti-oxidant prevents the development of sediment due to new metal tanks, heat and water.
What is the recommended treatment rate?
Beckett recommends one 8oz. annual treatment/maintenance dose which will service up to 1,000 gallons of fuel.
How does it come packaged?
In an 8oz. easy pour container that is used for the annual treatment. It is also available in a 55 gallon drum, which will treat 825,000 gallons of fuel and a 5 gallon pail, which will treat 75,000 gallons of fuel.
Are there any physical hazards with the additive?
No. It contains no carcinogens, or solvents and should be treated the same as fuel oil. If it comes in contact with your skin simply wash with soap and water. A MSDS document (Material Safety Data Sheet) is included with all orders.
Need more information?
Please contact your local R W Beckett Corp. Distributor or call 1-800-645-2876
How To Stop Fuel Related Service Calls
Today’s catalytically cracked #2 fuel oil generates solids at an accelerated rate causing a significant increase in fuel related service calls compared to the straight run fuels of years past. Microbial life, oxidation, water, changes in our distribution channels and other refinery changes also contribute to this rapid accumulation of gummy “black stuff” in today’s heating oil. This chemical activity is called re-polymerization. It also contributes to poor combustion, excess soot, and smoke. Water and microbial life also promotes internal tank corrosion.
- Reduce service calls therefore lowering operating costs.
- Stop internal tank corrosion.
- Increase customer satisfaction through improved reliability and performance.
- Good storage tank maintenance at bulk plant and customer. Tanks should be measured for water and sludge. A zone sampler is effective in providing a visual section of the bottom 6 to 12”. If there is an emulsion (a mixture of water and fuel), it will appear as a “milk shake” in the zone sampler or simply dots on the waterfinder paste on your stick. FuelArmor™ additive will break the emulsion providing clear separation of water and fuel. Significant sludge and water should be removed.
- Use FuelArmor™ additive package from Beckett Additives to address all of the problems above.
- Fuel tanks should always be kept as full as your customer will allow minimizing condensation.
- Random lab analysis of source fuels for the presence of contaminants.
Fuel Pour Point Suppressant – improve reliability, reduce maintenance.
Maintaining your customer’s fuel heating system has never been easier! Beckett’s Low Pour additive is formulated to reduce the pour point and improve the reliability of middle distillates in cold weather.
Features and Benefits
- Inhibits wax crystal growth.
- Reduces fuel pour point up to 25°F.
- Minimizes the need for #1 dilution for pour point reduction.
- Reduces service calls.
- Enhances the profitability of your service department.
- Works effectively with most biodiesels to B5.
Recommended Treat Rate: 1 pint will typically treat 275 gallons of fuel oil for optimum results.
Blending Recommendations: Performs best when added to the fuel at temperatures above the cloud point of the fuel.
Packaging: 12 Pints/Case
Appearance: White opaque liquid
Specific Gravity @20°C: .927
Density, lbs./gal: 7.72
Additive pour point: -25°F
Flash Point: 150°F
Viscosity @ 40°C: 77cSt
|80004||Low Pour™ – Pour Point Depressant – Twelve (12) 16 oz. Containers|