- Hub connects BeckettLink Tank Gauge to WiFi signal
- Separate hub means tank gauge battery is not drained if WiFi signal is lost
- Hub can be placed where WiFi signal strength is strongest – easier to move the hub than move an oil tank
- Using Hub allows homeowner to set up WiFi using app – no need to share password with installer
- Hub placed in living space can be used to provide low temperature alert (freeze warning)
- Extended range Bluetooth®-based technology with lower power requirements compared to WiFi for long battery life
- Bluetooth®-based communication from gauge to hub includes security that prevents connections with phones or other devices
- Extended range Bluetooth®-based communication used is much higher powered than traditional
- Extended range Bluetooth® devices with a range of at least 150 feet
- Multiple gauges can be connected to a single hub
- Information can be “shared” with others using the myTechnician™ Mobile App
BeckettLink® WiFi Hub
The BeckettLink® WiFiHub is the heart of the BeckettLink® Connected Tank Gauge System. The WiFi Hub connects to the customer’s WiFi system and posts tank data collected by the BeckettLink Tank Gauge to the cloud. This data is available to dealers through the BeckettLink Dealer Dashboard. The hub serves as the digital link between the tank gauge and the data cloud using reliable long-range wireless link.
Click to learn more about the myTechnician™ Mobile App or download it from your app store with the links below.
- Length: 4-1/16″
- Width: 4-1/16″
- Height: 1-3/16″
Power Supply — Hub
- 120VAC / 50-60Hz / 0.28A x 5VDC Adapter (Included)
- Communication distance hub to router = Signal strength displayed in app
The following FAQs relate specifically to the BeckettLink® Wifi Hub. For additional FAQs related to the overall BeckettLink® Connected Tank Gauge System including WiFi System Set-Up, System details please CLICK HERE.
Q: Do I have to use the BeckettLink Hub, or can I use an existing hub?
A: You must use the BeckettLink Hub with the BeckettLink Tank Gauge. The Bluetooth Communication used to communicate from the tank gauge to the hub is unique.
Q: Can the BeckettLink Hub be connected directly to an ethernet cable?
A: Yes, but not for set up. The hub and gauge must be registered to the cloud using a WiFi network first. The hub and gauge cannot be registered to the cloud using the ethernet connection. The single ethernet connection is intended to be used only if the WiFi network is unreliable. No ethernet cable is provided with the BeckettLink Tank Gauge Kit.
Q: How far away from the hub can the tank gauge be placed?
A: The tank gauge should be placed within 150 feet (45m) from the hub. The numbers of walls and building materials used can impact the useful range of the signal.
Q: Can the hub be used outdoors or in cold environments?
A: No, the hub is designed for indoor use only and is rated for use above 32°F (0°C).
Q: Only 3 of the LEDs on my hub are lit. Is there a problem?
A: In normal operation, only three of the LEDs are on continuously. The green power, yellow WiFi and blue (Bluetooth) should all be on. The Red “!” LED will only come on if there is an error in the WiFi connection.
Q: The green LED is flashing, what does that mean?
A: The hub is rebooting. Once rebooting is complete, the Green, Yellow and Blue LEDS should be on continuously.
Q: The yellow LED is flashing, what does that mean?
A: The hub is connected to the internet, but the hub is not registered to the cloud.
Q: Does the WiFi function on my phone need to be on to register the hub?
A: Yes, the phone needs to be able to connect to the WiFi network to complete hub registration. Make sure your phone is not in airplane mode.
Q: Do I need to have my phone close to the hub during the hub registration process?
A: Yes, have your phone close to the hub during the hub registration process. Your phone will use both the WiFi network and direct communication to the hub during the hub registration process.
Q: Where should the hub be located?
A: The hub needs to be located where it has a strong WiFi signal and near a 120-volt wall plug. If you want to use the freeze warning feature, the hub must be placed where it will sense room temperature. Do not place the hub in a cabinet or near other electronic devices or heat sources as this may cause temperature readings higher than the room temperature.
Q: Hub registration keeps failing, what should I do?
A: Check the LEDs on the hub. If the Orange WiFi LED is flashing, use a paperclip to press the reset button on the bottom of the hub (see BeckettLink® WiFi Hub Installation and Instruction Manual – ENGLISH). Wait for the WiFi LED to turn off before trying to register the hub again.
Download BeckettLink® Tank Gauge Warnings
Please note, all warranty claims must be initiated through an authorized Beckett supplier/distributor. Distribution policies will not allow Beckett to directly handle warranty claims with installers and/or consumers.